Table of Contents
- Journal’s peer-review policy
- Summary of the review process (graph)
Journal’s peer-review policy
- All submissions are subjected to assessment by the Editorial Team for consistency with the Journal’s principles and mission.
- The Studia Demograficzne Journal adheres to a double-blind peer-reviewing policy, in which both the reviewer and the author are anonymous. Manuscripts undergoing a peer-review process are free of data allowing any identification of the author(s) or of the peer reviewers.
- Following the formal evaluation, all submissions considered appropriate undergo:
- a double-blind peer-review process by two independent reviewers. In case of contradictory opinions, the third reviewer is asked to review a given paper,
- a review by Journal’s Statistical Editor.
- A review should end with a clear conclusion on the publication or rejection of the paper.
- The reviewers are not allowed to use the knowledge of the paper before the publication.
- If the reviewers require any revisions, the authors must re-submit their revised paper accompanied by a letter explaining how the authors have responded to the reviewers’ comments.
- Non-scientific papers do not require any review and are accepted for publication by the Editor-in-Chief.
- The final decision on publication is made by the Editor based on the reviews.
- The author receives the preprint version of the accepted paper for its final edition.
In summary, the paper qualifies for publication after meeting the following criteria:
- passing the initial verification of the Journal’s Editor (pre-review);
- receiving two positive double-blind peer reviews;
- receiving a positive review from the Statistical Editor;
- receiving a final positive opinion of the Editor.
Summary of the review process (graph)
Source of the icons used in the graph: nounproject.com, Creative Commons License. Accessed 31.7.2020: Andrejs Kirma, LV (document, investigation), Aneeque Ahmed (documents, keyword tool, rejected), Clea Doltz (file), Vectors Point, PK (document review). Accessed 7/10/2020: Oksana Latysheva (analysis).
Last updated: October 2020